Ecotherapy related resources & links
If you'd like to tell us about an Ecotherapy resource or related site - please contact us!
- Advisory report by the Health Council of the Netherlands for the Minister of Agriculture, Nature and Food Quality (NL). Good resource - very detailed (112 pages): "The influence of nature on social, psychological and physical well-being" (2004)
- The Royal College of General Practitioners comment in response to the Mind study into Ecotherapy: www.rcgp.org.uk/news__events/news_room/news_releases_and_press_statem/2007_mind_report_ecotherapy.aspx
- Slightly off the ecotherapy topic, but useful for anyone with an interest in the environmental/sustainable movement: 'EcoEarth.info environment portal & search engine
- 'The Big Lottery fund' grants MIND £8.8 Million for their 'Ecominds' scheme
- Danish centre for ecotherapy website
- Wall Street Journal article about the suppression of negative study results from investigating the effectiveness of anti-depressants: Anti Depressants Under Scrutiny Over Efficacy.
- An interesting paper about Ecotherapy and Ecopsychology by Tina Nussbaum: http://www.goshen.edu/bio/Biol410/BSSPapers98/nussbaum.html
- Some of the best thinking on Ecopsychology comes from the neo-Jungian James Hillman. In his "100 Years of Psychotherapy and the World's Getting Worse", Hillman blames a lot of the social and environmental problems that we face on the fact that the people who should be out there changing the world are in therapy instead. They treat their pain as a symptom of a personal pathology rather than as a goad to political action to bring about social change. Therapists create patients instead of citizens..
- Experimental Chimp's blog is a record of one man's attempts to find help for his problems, illustrating some of the difficulties surrounding mental health care in the UK.
More to come..
All material © copyright Ecotherapy UK 2008